What a crazy, exhausting couple of years it has been! Looking for ways to relax? We have some ideas for you.
I think we are all a little stressed out and deserve some decompression and stress relief. I have made a list of free or cheap ways to practice self-care at home. Why don't you pick one out today to get started on your self-care journey?
- Call a friend that makes you laugh
- Color, draw, or paint
- Create a vision board - Give yourself something to look forward to
- Declutter your social media
- Do a jigsaw puzzle
- Do yoga
- Focus on breathing
- Get out in the garden
- Go to bed early
- Light a candle
- Listen to music, a nature soundscape, or an audiobook
- Look at the stars
- Read a book or a magazine
- Schedule worry time and write down your worries
- Sleep in
- Spend quality time with a loved one
- Start a gratitude journal
- Switch off your smartphone for 24 hours
- Take a bath
- Take a nap
- Take a walk in nature
- Unplug from social media
- Watch a comedian on YouTube
- Watch the clouds
- Watch the sunrise or sunset
- Write a bucket list
- Write a list of compliments to yourself
How do you decompress and take care of yourself?
May we all take a moment (or a few) for ourselves each day to remember how special we truly are!