Having the kids at home has been a bit challenging. So what can you do on those rainy days? I know some people are still in school and trying to find fun stuff to do with the kids can be a challenge. So why not use an escape room to keep the kids engaged?!
Breaking Into Summer is an escape room loaded with puzzles for students to celebrate heading into summer in an engaging, and interactive way. Students must solve 6 clues to unlock the codes that will help them 'break into summer'.
How does it work?
Students begin on a webpage with the scenario. They follow the directions given in the underlined letters. They are then taken to the digital escape room. Students click the start button for the first lock and the first clue. There are six clues and locks in all.
- solve a maze and use the letters for a code word
- find the hidden words for a code word
- solve a jigsaw puzzle for a secret number code
- total the Scrabble tiles for a number code
- play a memory game for a scrambled sentence code
- watch the blinking lights for a sentence code
Check out this video to see a little preview.
This escape room should take your students approximately 30-45 minutes to complete, depending on student ability levels. A time limit may be given, but this can cause stress so determine what is best for your class. Some of the benefits of kids using these in teams are:
- Develops teamwork and collaboration
- Builds critical thinking skills
- Promotes problem-solving skills
- Promotes communication
- Paperless and No Prep
- Reinforces concepts
- Engaging and fun!