It’s that time of the year again! Students are getting excited for school to finally be over, seniors are thrilled to start a new chapters in their lives and graduation is in the air. What an exciting time! But, are you sure you can find that perfect graduation gift for your favorite student? Hopefully, after you read this ultimate list of graduation gift ideas, your answer will be a confident “YES!” This post covers great gift ideas for BOTH high school and college graduates, so whichever you’re in need of, I’ve got you covered. Let’s dive in!
This post may contain affiliate links where, at no additional price to you, I may receive a commission if you use them. I only recommend products I trust and love. Please read my disclosure policy for more information.
Easy First Gift: College Packing List
Like I mentioned, this list covers ideas for both high school and college students. But, if your favorite student happens to be graduating from high school, why not make sure they are prepared for their next step with this awesome free college packing list printable? This is great to add to a fun card!
The Top 62 Graduation Gift Ideas
Alright, now that you have your first gift printed and ready to go, let’s get into rest of the gift ideas, shall we?
Fun Graduation Gift Ideas
First, let’s talk about some really fun graduation gift ideas that every student is bound to love!
- Mini Fridge or Chest Freezer: Mini fridges are perfect for freshmen heading into the dorms, while chest freezers are perfect for college graduates heading into the real world! You can easily find both a great prices.
- Hammock: Who doesn’t love a good hammock? They are great to relax in after a long day!
- Movie Bucket List: At the beginning of the year, I received this awesome movie bucket list as a gift. I’ve had SO MUCH fun watching each of these great movies that I just had to add it to this list.
- Movie Tickets: Movie tickets are such a fun gift to get!
- Code Names Board Game: This is one of the most fun group board games you can find on the market today. It is such a blast!
- What Do You Meme? Card Game: Speaking of games, What Do You Meme? is one of the best group card games!
- Inflatable Air Sofa: These sofas are so cool! And amazingly easy to fill.
Is your favorite student the outdoorsy-type? Check out the Ultimate 10 Hiking Essentials for more great gift ideas!
Kitchen and Home Graduation Gifts
Next, let’s talk about some kitchen and home related gift ideas. These may not be as fun as the previous ideas, but they sure are useful!
- Instant Pot: I rave about my Instant Pot in my Guide to Eating Healthy on a Budget. Check out that post for an easy Instant Pot cooking system! It is easily my favorite kitchen tool. Makes cooking a breeze!
- Keurig: Is your student a coffee drinker? Why not spoil them with a Keurig?
- Pots and Pans Set: Another useful idea is a set of new pots and pans. You can’t go wrong here!
- Mixing Bowls: Perhaps your student is a baker? Check out these great mixing bowls to help them out.
- Dish Set: A dish set is perfect for anyone heading to their own place for the first time or someone who needs an upgrade! Either way, this set of dishes is perfect.
- Silverware Set: Perhaps your student is in need of some utensils? Don’t forget to get them a silverware organizer too!
- Dirty/Clean Dishwasher Magnet: This may sound like a strange gift, but I got one a few years back and I’ve used it ever since.
- Mason Jar Measuring Cups: These measuring cups are so darn cute.
- Bookshelf: Bookshelves are the perfect way to add some useful storage to any space.
- Futon: Futons are the ultimate furniture piece. Perfect for lounging and space for guests.
- Frame for Graduation Certificate: Looking for something a bit more personal? A nice diploma frame might be what you’re looking for!
- Hammock Chair: We already talked about hammocks, but a hammock chair is the next level up!
Useful Graduation Gift Ideas
Next up are useful graduation gift ideas. Let’s dive in!
- Goal Printable Planner: This printable goal planner has everything your favorite student might need to reach each of their goals!
- Lap Desk: Having a lap desk can be so incredibly useful. Especially if you need to stay up late at night to make a deadline!
- Label Maker: Is your student an organization freak (like me?!). If so, they need a label maker in their life!
- Luggage Scale: Perhaps your student is a frequent traveler? Luggage scales are perfect (and SUPER useful!) to make sure to meet airline guidelines.
- Portable Electronics Charger: Long days can be hard on a cellphone battery. Portable chargers are the perfect remedy for that!
- Credit Card Protectors: Protect your student’s identity and money with simple and cheap credit card protectors.
Techy Graduation Gifts
I would have to say a good majority of students is in need of some new techy gadget. These are some top ideas to add to your list!
- AirPods: Most phones and devices are becoming cordless. This makes life a much easier, especially when it comes to headphones!
- Apple Watch: A new smart watch is also a great gift! Super convenient for anyone who is always on the go.
- A New Phone: Perhaps your favorite student is in dire need of an upgrade? Why not check out some great new phone options!
- Smart TV: Smart TVs are the next big thing. They help ensure all of your favorite streaming services can easily be found all in one place!
- FitBit: For all of those sporty-types out there, FitBits are perfect! They track movement, tell time, and more.
- Portable Speaker: Having a portable speaker is so convenient when you need some great tunes on the go.
- Tile Keychain: These things are simply fantastic. You attach them to your keys, bag… anything really! So if you lose that item, you can easily track it down using an app.
- Smart Plugs: Smart plugs hook up to Amazon’s Alexa and allow you to turn anything on with your voice, how cool is that?!
- Solar Panel Phone Charger: Being able to charge electronics with a solar panel is SUPER convenient. You can even attach it to a backpack and charge a phone while walking around, or place it near a window when you can’t find an outlet.
Books that Make the Perfect Graduation Gifts
Giving a good book is like giving the gift of knowledge. These are my top books for all young adults.
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen: If you buy any book, get this one. Allen packs this best seller with countless productivity tips as well as an entire productivity system you can implement today. It truly is a must-read for everyone!
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey: This is another amazing and must-read book. In fact, this book paired with Allen’s Getting Things Done is often seen on popular career book lists, and for good reason! Covey covers the life-changing habits that you can incorporate into your everyday life that has been proven time and time again to increase productivity and better your overall wellbeing.
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod: This book has been growing in popularity over the last year or so. It is a detailed account of how your morning routine can truly change the way you live your life, and what exact things you can do to start your day strong.
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do In Life and Business by Charles Duhigg: This bestseller is another great read! It covers the science of habit formation, how to create new habits, how to cut out unhealthy ones, and what habits you should consider adding. He argues that the true key to productivity and living a healthy lifestyle is understanding how habits work.
- Smarter, Faster, Better: The Transformative Power of Real Productivity by Charles Duhigg: Another bestseller and great book by Duhigg. It covers eight key productivity concepts including goal setting and decision making, that set productive individuals and companies apart from the pack. All of his arguments, like The Power of Habit, are backed by science-based evidence. Incredibly enlightening!
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman: This book, written by a world-renowned psychologist, goes over the two main ways in which humans think: quickly and slowly. Our quicker instincts are more emotional and intuitive while our slower thoughts are more logical. Having a better understanding of the way we think makes it easier to understand processes, such as decision making, that are vital to productivity.
- Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy: Eating the frog is a metaphor for taking care of your most challenging tasks first. This principle is the basis of this great book, exploring many ways in which you can learn how to not get everything done all at once, but instead getting the most important things done first. Learning how to prioritize is one of the best ways to master productivity and this book is a great way to explore this concept.
- Official GRE Super Power Pack by ETS: Most students have graduate school on their mind. This is the perfect study manual to use when studying for the Graduate Record Examinations (you know, those awful exams most of us have to take to get into grad school…). This book includes practice exams, tips, individual practice questions, and so much more!
- Now What? by Nicholas Lore: In my Ultimate Guide to Choosing a Career, I talk about how this book completely changed my life. It helped me in a time I desperately needed guidance in choosing a career and took me on an incredibly long, challenging, but an amazingly rewarding journey that landed me in the life I live today (yeah, back in college again but I still love it ). Anyways… this is an incredible book that walks you through every step you truly need to take in order to find and work towards your dream career!
- Do What You Are by Paul D. Tieger, Barbara Barron, and Kelly Tieger: Do What You Are is another fabulous career exploration book that focuses on personality types and what specific careers might work best for each individual. This pairs perfectly with Now What? and is a great resource to use over and over again.
- What Color is Your Parachute? by Richard N. Bolles: This book is perhaps the most famous career exploration book. Although it was written in 1970, it has been revised every year since and continues to be a best seller for career explorers! It covers topics of how to choose your dream career and how you might fit in our ever-changing economy.
- The Pathfinder by Nicholas Lore: The Pathfinder is another great career book by Nicholas Lore. It covers topics including how to design your future dream career, how to reach your goals, career questions to ask yourself, and so much more.
Top College Graduation Gift Ideas
Alright, these gift ideas are mainly with the college graduate in mind. They are super useful and awesome ideas for anyone heading into the work force!
- Audible Subscription: Audible is such a game changer! The subscription lets you download audiobooks onto your device to listen to when cleaning, cooking, working out… perfect for anyone with a commute!
- Desktop Computer: Now that your favorite student is no longer in college, they might be in need of a computer upgrade. This is the perfect time to grab a new desktop computer.
- Dressy Clothing: Nothing says “grown up” like a whole new wardrobe!
- Alumni Clothing and Memorabilia: Check out the college store and see what fun clothes or memorabilia you can find. You might be able to get your hands on some really cool gear!
- Briefcase: Is your favorite student heading out to a big time fancy job? Perhaps they are in need of a nice briefcase.
- Mug “I Survived Another Meeting that Should Have Been an Email”: This mug just cracks me up! Lighten up anyones day with a fun mug!
- Nice Watch: A nice watch is always a great graduation gift. Helps anyone look extra professional and put together.
Amazing High School Graduation Gift Ideas
My final graduation category is for all of those high school graduates out there. These great ideas will definitely help any student heading into the dorms or their very first apartment!
- Student Printable Planner: Starting off the college school year on the right foot is incredibly important. Ensure your favorite students success by getting them a student planner!
- Laptop: I do have to say, it would be INCREDIBLY difficult to go through college without a laptop. Be sure your favorite student has the latest and greatest computer to help them succeed!
- IPad: I have definitely noticed more and more students in class switching from paper note taking to digital note taking on an IPad. There are so many great uses for tablets these days, they make awesome gifts!
- Printer: Having a printer is not required for college, but definitely super helpful.
- Wireless Mouse: Having a wireless mouse makes working on any laptop much easier.
- XL Twin Bedding: Most college dorms have extra long twin beds. So cute twin bedding would make a great gift! Be sure to check with the university to see exactly which bedding is needed (sometimes they only use regular twin bedding).
- Bathroom Tote and Accessories: It is nearly impossible to take a shower without a shower tote. They aren’t expensive so you could even fill it with some fun accessories!
- Dorm Food: Some great dorm snacks are always a must.
- School Supplies Bundle: Finally, a great graduation gift idea is to simply bundle some great school supplies! Check out my 21 backpack essentials to help you get started!
Don’t Forget Your Freebie!
Don’t forget to start your graduation gift shopping with grabbing this free college packing list. Comes in super helpful when move-in day comes around!
Looking for some more great gift ideas? Check out these great posts to help you out!
- 99 Unforgettable Gift Ideas Under $25
- The Ultimate College Student Holiday Gift Guide
- Fantastic Gift Ideas for Valentine’s Day
And… that’s a wrap! (Haha like wrapping gifts? ;P ) I hope you were able to find some fantastic graduation gift ideas! I know I sure did making this guide. Happy shopping!
The post 62 Meaningful Graduation Gift Ideas for Your Favorite Student appeared first on The Olden Chapters.