These Easy Sheet Pan Dinners come together super quickly and the oven does all the work for you. These healthy dinner ideas are a great way to eat your veggies and clean out your fridge! (Article updated January 2020)
Benefits of Sheet Pan Dinners
Most of these easy healthy dinner recipes just take a few minutes of prep time and the oven does all the work so you can shower, hang out on the couch and watch Netflixwhatever you need to do while everything's cooking. And since everything cooks together on one pan, cleanup is no problem either.
But the benefits don't stop there.
Sheet pan dinners are also a great way to clear out the fridge, and usually it's just a matter of doing some kind of sheet pan chicken breasts tossed with a bit of olive oil, a vinegar, hot sauce, soy sauce or honey mustard, and some spices from the your pantry. And of course ALWAYS garlic. Maybe some fresh herbs at the end. There's your basic sheet pan dinner formula!
Did you know that sheet pan dinners can be more than just chicken and veggies? Well, I'm here to help you with putting some new easy healthy dinner recipes on the table and FAST. I've rounded up some super fun weeknight dinner ideas from sheet pan steak fajitas to honey mustard chicken, vegetarian buddha bowls and Old Bay-style shrimp. The combinations are endless!
Sheet pan recipes
I lovesheet pan dinners because they come together super quickly and are perfect for when you haven't quite planned your week out in advance.When I want to eat a quick healthy dinner I often turn to sheet pan dinners to get me through.
Take a look at the following recipes below to get some quick dinner inspiration! All of the below recipes cook within 40 minutes or less and there are ideas for steak, fish, chicken, shrimp and an easy vegetarian option to boot. You'll see all of these options organized below according to the appropriate category. Happy cooking!
Sheet pan recipes with meat
These sheet pan dinners range from steak to sausage to pork tenderloin and stir fry beef they are so versatile and a great way to use up those cuts of meat that you would otherwise use for a roast. And unlike a roast dinner, these recipes only take 30 minutes in the oven!
- Sheet Pan Steak Fajitas via Life Made Sweeter
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Root Vegetable Scramblevia The Girl on Bloor
- 15-Minute Sheet Pan Beef and Broccoli via Averie Cooks
- One pan Zaatar Pork Tenderloin, Sweet Potato, and Cauliflower via My Kitchen Love
Vegetarian and seafood sheet pan recipes
Below you'll find my fave seafood and vegetarian recipes that can be cooked on a sheet pan. You can cook all kinds of fish including salmon on a sheet pan, as well as shellfish like shrimp. I also love to do vegetarian sheet pan dinners with crispy chickpeas and root vegetables!
Cooking Salmon on a Sheet Pan
If you're looking to make salmon on a sheet pan check out this handy resource for the perfect baked salmon, plus 5 easy marinades. All you need to add are some veggies for one healthy meal!
- Easy Honey Citrus Sheet Pan Salmon via Killing Thyme
- Old Bay Shrimp and Sausage Sheet Pan Dinner via The Modern Proper
- Sheet Pan Buddha Bowls with Turmeric Tahini Dressingvia The Girl on Bloor
- Maple Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner via Salt and Lavender
Cooking Chicken on a Sheet Pan
If you're looking to cook chicken alone on a sheet pan instead of adding all the veggies and sauce altogether at once, I've got a super handy guide on how to make the BEST baked chicken breast and I've even included 6 marinades and spice rub ideas!
Below you'll also find a TON of sheet pan chicken recipes they are by far the easiest when it comes to sheet pan dinners and you just can't ever go wrong with chicken!
- Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken Meal Prep Bowlsvia The Girl on Bloor
- Jamaican Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner via Sweet Peas and Saffron
- Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken via Damn Delicious
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Meal Prep Bowlsvia The Girl on Bloor
- Sheet Pan Chicken Tandoori Meal Prep Bowls via The Girl on Bloor
- Fresno Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner via Manna & Spice
- Paprika Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner via Sweet Peas and Saffron
- One Pan Oven Roasted Lemon Chicken Drumsticks via The Girl on Bloor
- 15-Minute Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken and Pineapple via Averie Cooks
- Sheet Pan Honey Lemon Chicken with Asparagus via Life Made Sweeter
- Sheet Pan Coconut Crusted Chickenvia The Girl on Bloor
- Meal Prep Butternut Squash and Chicken Harvest Bowls via The Girl on Bloor
- Sheet Pan Hoisin Chicken via Life Made Sweeter
- Sheet Pan Sriracha Ranch Chickenvia The Girl on Bloor
- Sheet Pan Honey Apricot Chicken and Asparagus via The Seasoned Mom
- Meal Prep Roasted Chicken and Sweet Potatoes via Eat Well 101
More Healthy Meal Ideas
If you're looking for more delicious meal inspiration, look no further than some of these helpful resources below!
- 52 Healthy, Easy Dinner Ideas for Busy Weeknights these include 30 minute meals, slow cooker recipes and Instant Pot favorites!
- Meal Prep for Weight Loss discover my own weight loss journey through healthy recipes and meal prep
- Eating Healthy on a Budget + 10 Cheap Dinner Ideas yes, you can eat healthy, cheap dinners!
- 8 Easy Steak Marinades perfect for incorporating steak in your weekly meal prep
Healthy Lunch and Meal Prep Ideas
If you're also struggling to make lunch every week, I've got some great posts to help you out!
If you're looking for a more specific guide on how to get started with meal prep check out my FREE 5-day meal prep challenge below it's a step-by-step mini course sent to your inbox over five days with free printables like a grocery list and meal planner. Sign up for free below!
25 Super Easy Sheet Pan Dinners
These Easy Sheet Pan Dinners come together super quickly and the oven does all the work for you. These healthy dinner ideas are a great way to eat your veggies and clean out your fridge!
The post 25 Super Easy Sheet Pan Dinners for Busy Weeknights appeared first on The Girl on Bloor.