The Emperor Augustus coined the phrase “faster than cooking asparagus” for quick action. The man was a gangster, but he wasn’t wrong about asparagus. Beyond it being very low carb, it cooks incredibly quickly. This is a recipe I took from my mother. I don’t know where she took it from.
- A large bunch of asparagus (350g)
- One cup of melted butter
- 40g of grated parmesan cheese
- Cut an inch off the stems of the asparagus.
- Boil the water.
- Throw the asparagus into the pot and cook for three minutes only.
- Put the asparagus on a plate, spoon the butter onto the asparagus and then sprinkle on the parmesan.
- Chef tip: you may want to use less butter and/or parmesan depending on your preference. I like tons of both.
- Serve with steaks.