It is so important to make the most of vegetables when they are in season. Asparagus is so delicious and shouldn’t be missed out. This recipe is packed with flavour, an easy way to get one of your 5 a day, so good on its own or as a side dish.
- 250g asparagus, chop off the woody end part and cut into chunks. (Rinse and pat dry before cooking)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into small batons
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dsp cashews, crushed
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- Start by frying the asparagus with the garlic and ginger in the olive oil for 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, in a small bowl mix the soy, chilli and sesame oil.
- Then pour the soy mixture over the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Upon serving sprinkle over the crushed cashews and serve.
Leave a comment