An easy, savory, and low-carb dinner that’s perfect for busy weeknights. These cheesy keto meatballs are something your whole family will enjoy – including the kids. It is so simple to make that there are no extreme cooking skills required.
The idea of cheesy meatballs was inspired by a recipe we found on Green and Keto — a website with tons of keto recipes and resources. If you’re someone who is trying to watch your carbs, you should definitely check out their website!
Not only is this recipe low-carb, but it’s also gluten free! There are no breadcrumbs in this delicious keto recipe which makes it great for celiac disease or anyone with a gluten intolerance. You’re able to enjoy juicy and cheesy meatballs without carbs or
These cheesy meatballs are made from pantry staples so chances are, you probably have all of the ingredients ready in your kitchen.
The ingredients you’re going to need to make Keto Cheesy Meatballs
- 1 pound beef mince – You’re going to need one pound of ground beef to make these cheesy meatballs. Beef is loaded with protein and vitamin b-12 which are great for you. Beef also has little to no carbs per serving which is why it’s perfect in a keto diet.
- ½ cup almond flour – Almond flour is a low-carb, high-fat, and gluten-free alternative to all-purpose flour. It’s great in recipes because it absorbs liquid easily. Since almond flour is high-fat, it’s going to help keep you full for a longer period of time.
- ¼ cup black olives, roughly chopped – Black olives add a hint of flavor and texture into these keto cheese meatballs. If you’re not a fan of olives then you can leave them out. If you’re a huge olive fan, feel free to add more!
- ¼ cup pine nuts, roughly chopped – Pine nuts are another food that’s high in healthy fats. Again, healthy fats are going to keep you full for a long period of time. Pine nuts are also loaded with other vitamins and minerals that are great for your overall health.
- Small bunch of parsley, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish – Parsley is a simple spice that goes well with so many recipes. It’s a pantry staple and makes a big difference. Fresh parsley works best for this recipe, but if you’re in a pinch you can use dried parsley.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil – To achieve an extra juicy texture, you’re going to want to add olive oil to your keto meatballs.
- 1 red onion, diced – Similarly to parsley, red onion is a pantry staple that adds a ton of flavor. For best results chop your red onion into small pieces. This will allow the flavor to spread throughout the meatballs.
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes – Canned chopped tomatoes are going to act as pasta sauce in this recipe. Almost all meatball recipes include some sort of tomato sauce, paste, or base.
- Salt and pepper to taste – You can add salt and pepper to taste before cooking and/or after cooking.
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella cheese – Because these are cheesy keto meatballs, you’re going to want to add fresh mozzarella cheese. We would highly recommend using fresh mozzarella cheese but if you can use shredded mozzarella cheese if you have to.
The directions for how to make keto cheesy meatballs:
Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350º.
Place your beef, almond flour, egg, olives, pine nuts, half the onion and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
Mix all the ingredients together with your hands or a wooden spoon until the mixture is well combined.
With damp hands or a scooper, shape the mixture into meatballs and set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium to high heat. When the oil is hot, add the remaining chopped red onion and fry, stirring regularly for 2 minutes.
Add the chopped tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.Place the meatballs in the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes, then carefully flip them over with a large spoon. Remove from the pan into a baking dish.
Tear up the mozzarella and scatter it in the sauce. Slide the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked through and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top.
Sprinkle with some fresh chopped parsley and mint leaves. Serve with fresh salad and steamed green beans. Enjoy!
What to serve with keto cheesy meatballs:
We recommend serving keto cheesy meatballs with green beans, a fresh salad, or asparagus. We think it’s best to pair a heavy dish with vegetables to balance our your meal. Besides, vegetables taste amazing when they’re prepared right and they’re amazing for you!
How do I store keto meatballs?
You can store keto these keto meatballs as leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. For maximum freshness, we recommend storing in an airtight or sealed container.
To reheat, you can reheat in the microwave. You can top with more mozzarella and/or parsley when reheating to add extra flavor.
Are keto cheesy meatballs healthy?
This recipe is loaded with protein, healthy fats, and tons of vitamins and minerals. In addition to that, this recipe is low-carb, low-sugar, and gluten-free. This recipe is going to help keep you full while also keeping your blood sugar down.
To make this recipe healthier, you can opt for a leaner type of ground beef. This will help reduce some of the saturated fat that is found in beef. As stated before, you can serve this recipe with vegetables which would also make it healthier.
Since this recipe is low-carb, it does fit nicely into a keto diet. Is there anything better than enjoying a savory, juicy, and delicious dinner without breaking your diet!?
More recipes you’ll love:
All of these recipes are from Green and Keto. We love Green and Keto because all of their recipes are delicious, made with real ingredients, and low-carb. Healthy eating does NOT have to be bland or boring!
- 1 pound beef mince
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ black olives, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts, roughly chopped
- Small bunch of parsley, finely chopped, plus extra for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella cheese
- Mint leaves, roughly chopped salt or steamed green beans
- Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350º.
- Place your mince, almond flour, egg, olives, pine nuts, half the onion and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together with your hands or a wooden spoon until the mixture is well combined.
- With damp hands shape the mixture into meatballs and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium to high heat. When the oil is hot, add the remaining chopped red onion and fry, stirring regularly for 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.Place the meatballs in the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes, then carefully flip them over with a large spoon. Remove from the pan into a baking dish.
- Tear up the mozzarella and scatter it in the sauce. Slide the baking dish in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until the meatballs are fully cooked through and the cheese has melted and turned golden brown on top.
- Sprinkle with some fresh chopped parsley and mint leaves. Serve with fresh salad and steamed green beans. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 609Total Fat: 46gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 29gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g
The post Cook Baked Cheesy Keto Meatballs Recipe for a Delicious Dinner appeared first on DIYs.com.