Cream Cheese & Crab Meat Stuffed Salmon
When it comes to cooking, part of the fun is making a recipe your own and working through it to find out how much more of this and how much less of that will make it to your liking!
With this recipe you can do just that! This is a very seafood forward recipe which means not all pallets will like it, but if you like rich crab and delicious moist, yes moist, salmon, this is a dish for you!
I made this randomly during the lovely start of quarantine last year, 2020, because we couldn’t go anywhere. It was so delicious, we decided it was going to be our Christmas dinner!
4 thick salmon filets
8oz crab meat (I used claw meat)
4oz cream cheese
1 large egg
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 large container spinach* (I used a 16oz container)
2-3 tablespoons roasted red pepper, diced**
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
2-3 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a pan over medium heat, cook down the spinach with a bit of water then let cool. Once cool enough to handle, squeeze out the water
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, mayo, egg, and old bay seasoning until fully combined!
- Fold in spinach, roasted peppers, mozzarella (I may add an extra sprinkle :) ), and crab meat. Be sure in this step to mix gently so the crab is not broken apart anymore. Mixture should be a thick consistency to where it can hold up when scooped onto the salmon. If too loose, add some bread crumbs to thicken
- On a baking sheet, place salmon and season with salt and pepper
- Take “stuffing” and evenly portion on top of the salmon and sprinkle bread crumbs on top
- Pour a bit of water into baking sheet, then cook in oven for 18-22 minutes. Time may vary, and exceed 22 minutes based on thickness of salmon and topping. Continually monitor, then pull out when salmon is flakey and cooked through
* This will be from the fresh produce area, I used a larger amount because of how much spinach naturally cooks down and wanted to make sure I still had a good amount to put into my mixture. This will also be based on taste! You can add more or use less spinach as you please!
** I personally only use 1-2 tablespoons because I am not a fan of the red pepper flavor, and it can easily take over the dishes overall flavor, so this is also an ingredient to add as you wish for the desired flavor
>> For all my recipes, unfortunately I am in the middle of moving south, so I do not have pictures that I can find, but! Once, I either make them again or can find pictures I have taken of my recipes I will update the posts! Luckily, I had these ones! Feel free to post the image of you trying the deliciousness!
>> Though the recipe says “stuffed”… I just put the crab mix on top of the Salmon!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe and make it a regular! For sides, I made simple asparagus and pan roasted potatoes! I will be posting the recipe for the potatoes in the future!