I just recently bought a new cupcake tin, and Ive been wanting to use it for everything. So Ive made cupcakes, muffins and my favorite, egg frittata muffins. Theyre the best breakfast! So easy to make and easy to take with you! They also store easily so its a great meal prep food, if youre into that sort of stuff.
I like to use any green vegetable I have in the refrigerator in my frittatas. These particular ones have asparagus, but I love using broccoli too. The sauce I top them with is a mix of Franks red hot Wing sauce and Maries creamy Ranch (the one found in the refrigerator section of the food store). The sauce is totally optional, but I enjoy it, and its a mix to your personal taste.
Egg asparagus frittata muffins
Makes 12 muffins
6 stalks of asparagus (snapped and chopped) here is where you can sub for a different vegetable like a few chopped florets of broccoli
1 green onion (scallion) chopped
Handful of cheese (I use a Mexican cheddar blend)
Cooking spray for the muffin tin
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F. Whisk eggs together with cheese, season with salt and pepper, pour into muffin tin 3/4 of the way because the eggs will rise
- Add in chopped asparagus (and or any other vegetables youve decided to add)
- Add extra cheese on top as much or as little as youd like
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out dry.
If using these for meal prep, or you have some leftover, they last about 5 days in the refrigerator, just store them in an airtight container.
Buffalo ranch sauce
Franks buffalo wing sauce
Maries creamy ranch dressing
- Take two tablespoons of Maries creamy ranch dressing and mix with Franks Buffalo Wing sauce. Use as much or as little wing sauce as you want for spice.