If anyone tells you that tofu is bland, theyve never had this Ginger Sesame Tofu. Full of flavor, and super simple to make, this is may just be your new favorite way to prepare this soy-based protein.
If you have a few minutes to spare, this Ginger Sesame Tofu is the perfect protein to add any meal. Whether, its a salad, sandwich, wrap, pasta, stir-fry, you-name-it, this recipe is the perfect complement.
This Ginger Sesame Tofu is also perfect for meal prepping if thats your thing. You can make it in bulk and have it prepped and ready to go in the fridge when throwing together a quick meal. We added this tofu to the stir-fry recipe we just put out, and it was perfect.
Whats your favorite way to prepare tofu? The options are endless. We have a bunch of tofu-centric recipes that we know youre going to love.
- Sheet Pan Lemon Pepper & Herb Tofu with Asparagus and Tahini Dressing
- Grilled Barbecue Tofu Skewers
- Basic Tofu Scramble (6-Ingredients + Gluten-Free)
- Easy Lemongrass Tofu (8-Ingredients + 20 Minutes)
- Easy Tofu Ricotta Cheese (7-Ingredients)
If you are allergic to soy, or youre trying to avoid it, fear not! We have some other protein-packed recipes that soy-free.
- Chickpea Scramble (Soy-Free & High-Protein Vegan Breakfast)
- Kid-Friendly Vegan Chicken Nuggets
- Instant Pot Black Bean Soup (Vegan + 30-Minutes or Less)
Make sure you tag usonInstagram@sweetsimpleveganand @consciouschris and hashtag#sweetsimpleveganif you recreate any of ourrecipes, we love tosee your photos!Print
If anyone tells you that tofu is bland, then theyve never had this Ginger Sesame Tofu. This recipe is full of flavor and easy to make. This may just be your new favorite way to prepare this soy-based protein!
- 1 block extra firm tofu
- 4.5 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari for gluten-free)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup (or agave)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- Press tofu. If youre not sure how to do this, click here for our easy guide to pressing tofu.
- Once the tofu is pressed, cut it into cubes, strips, or triangles based on your preference.
- In a sealable container, or zip-lock bag (we use reusable Stasher Bags), add in all of the ingredients except for the tofu and mix until uniform.
- Once mixed, add in the tofu, mix or shake until the tofu is well coated. Allow the tofu to marinate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
- Add the marinated tofu and the remainder of the marinade to a cast-iron or non-stick pan and cook on medium-low heat until all of the liquid cooks down, rotating tofu as needed to brown all of the sides evenly. This should take about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the tofu to cool befopre serving. Enjoy!
Nutrition facts label provided by Nutri Fox.
Disclaimer:The nutritional information shown is an estimate provided by an online calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professionals advice.This page may containaffiliatelinks, which simply means that we earn a commission if you purchase through those links, but your price remains the same. Thank you for supporting Sweet Simple Vegan!
The post Ginger Sesame Tofu (Easy + Gluten-Free) appeared first on Sweet Simple Vegan.
Leave a comment