Think chicken is a snooze-fest? THINK AGAIN. With the right recipe, chicken is anything but boring. Chicken is my go-to meat for recipe planning, because its a blank canvas for all kinds of different flavors and cooking techniques. Chicken is easy to use, a healthy source of protein, widely available, and budget-friendly. Weeknights (and weekends for that matter) are busy. Here are my favoriteHealthy Chicken Recipes that are sure to keep your weeknight dinners interesting!
- Healthy Crockpot Chicken Recipes
- One Pan Healthy Chicken Recipes
- Light and Healthy Chicken Recipes
- Family Favorite Healthy Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Chicken Recipes
- Healthy Chicken Salad Recipes
- Healthy Chicken Indian Recipes
- Healthy Chicken Asian Recipes
- Healthy Chicken Casserole Recipes
- Healthy Chicken Soup Recipes
Whats the Healthiest way to Make Chicken?
- Poaching, sauting, baking, and using a slow cooker or Instant Pot are the healthiest ways to make chicken because they dont add much (if any) calories and fat from oils or breading.
- Whats a good, healthy meal? Many of these are easy, healthy chicken recipes with few ingredients that would make a good meal for lunches and dinners.
How do you Know When Chicken is Done?
- Using an Instant Read Thermometer is the best way to check your healthy chicken recipes for doneness. Chicken is safe to eat once it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- You can also cut into larger pieces of chicken to check the internal color. If you cut into a piece of chicken, and it looks pink and raw, then the chicken is not done. Further, when chicken is done cooking and it is cut, the juices should run clear.
What Goes Well with Chicken?
While many of these recipes can be a full meal by themselves, you may want to serve some side dishes. Here are a few ideas to serve with chicken:
- Roasted or Sauted Vegetables. You can pair any of these chicken recipes with a healthy side of Sauted Brussels Sprouts, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic, Roasted Brussels Sprouts, or Roasted Zucchini.
- Rice. Lemon Rice would pair nicely with many of these recipes, and this Homemade Fried Rice is a great side dish for the healthy chicken Asian recipes.
- Salad. A fresh, simple salad like Anytime Arugula Salad, Spinach Strawberry Salad with Balsamic Poppy Seed Dressing, Brussels Sprouts Slaw, or Caesar Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Crispy Chickpea Croutons would go well with almost any of these healthy chicken dishes.
Recommended Tools for Making Healthy Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker. Perfect for making all the healthy crock pot chicken recipes.
- Whisk. I love the smaller size of this whisk.
- Instant Read Thermometer. The best way to tell if your chicken is done.
- Sharp Chefs Knife. An incredibly useful kitchen tool for any and all chopping.
Now, lets get to those tasty healthy chicken recipes!
Some of my favorite healthy chicken recipes are made in the slow cooker. Whether you need healthy chicken recipes for two or healthy chicken recipes for a crowd, these easy slow cooker recipes are the perfect fit for busy weeks.
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker with Chicken Cacciatore
- Healthy Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
- Slow Cooker Greek Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken and Rice
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Make cleanup a breeze with this one pan healthy chicken recipes! Everything cooks together in one pot or skillet, so you arent left with a pile of dishes at the end of the night.
- Chipotle Chicken Skillet
- Taco Pasta
- Creamy Chicken Stroganoff
- Sheet Pan Chicken with Rainbow Vegetables
- Fiesta Chicken
- Thai Chicken Curry
- Sheet Pan Italian Chicken
- Quick Chicken Sweet Potato Kale Skillet with Cranberries and Goat Cheese
- Harvest Chicken Skillet with Sweet Potatoes Brussels Sprouts and Sauted Apples
If youre looking forhealthy chicken recipes for weight loss, these are the best fit. Each one uses light ingredients but still has tons of flavor.
- Lemon Basil Chicken
- Baked Lemon Chicken with Asparagus
- Grilled Chicken Fajitas
- Strawberry Chicken With Avocado
- Grilled Orange Chicken Kabobs
Recipes your entire family will love! Even picky eaters will enjoy these family favorite healthy chicken recipes. Theyre deeply comforting and filled with rich flavor.
- Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes
- Rosemary Chicken Thighs with Apples and Brussels Sprouts
- Healthy Chicken Pot Pie
- Lemon Pepper Wings
- Baked Chicken Meatballs
The Instant Pot makes these healthy chicken recipes easy. These are great recipes to make for meal prep.
A fresh and delicious healthy salad with crisp veggies, juicy chicken, and an easy, creamy homemade dressing. Perfect for healthy family meals, barbecues, and parties!
These easy, healthy Indian chicken recipes are made with easy to find ingredients, and theyre better for you than the restaurant version!
- Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry
Lightened-up versions of your favorite takeout dishes. They have just as much flavor, and theyre delicious leftover!
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
- Crispy Asian Chicken Tenders
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken
- Pineapple Chicken
When you need to make healthy chicken recipes for a crowd or for meal prep, these casseroles are perfect. Each one is packed with veggies!
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Chicken and Biscuits
- King Ranch Chicken
- Healthy Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Rice Casserole
These healthy chicken soups are cozy, light, and perfect for chilly nights. Plus, using the slow cooker or Instant Pot makes them easy!