Special thanks to Jenny Craig for their sponsorship of this post.
Of all the new dishes released in 2020, I very quickly fell in love with the Three Cheese Tortellini with Chicken.
Now, it could have very easily have been because it was pasta. By now, you likely know that pasta and I have been in love for years… but that’s not what I love most about this dish. I love that it’s extra saucy, with a creamy pesto sauce that goes on for days. When dishes are extra saucy, it makes me think of all of the other vegetables I can easily add to the dish (without sacrificing an ounce of flavor.)
I made a simple primavera out of this tortellini, using a bunch of fresh spring vegetables from my local farmers market. While I paired the dish with fresh spinach, asparagus, sweet onion, and tomatoes, I’m certain that squash, broccoli, and sugar snap peas would be delicious as well. Get creative with what’s in season and what you have on hand. There’s plenty of sauce in this dish to support all your favorite veggies.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Tortellini Primavera | No Thanks to Cake
- 1 pkg. Three Cheese Tortellini with Chicken
- 4 spears asparagus, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp. sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- cooking spray
- crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 3 grape tomatoes, sliced (for garnish)
- Cook your tortellini in the microwave per the packaging instructions. Set aside.
- Prepare a skillet with cooking spray, and saute your onion, garlic, spinach, and asparagus until your spinach is wilted (about 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently). Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add your tortellini to the skillet, and stir to combine the vegetables with the pasta and sauce.
- Move to serving bowl, top with crushed red pepper + sliced grape tomatoes for garnish.
- Serve and enjoy!
Click here to see a full listing of my Jenny Craig Recipe Creations!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Jenny Craig; however, all of the opinions and comments about the program are exclusively my own and do not necessarily represent that of the brand.
Jenny Craig Recipe Creation: Tortellini Primavera originally appeared on No Thanks to Cake on 06/27/2020, which is not permitted to be copied on other sites without written permission from the original author.