Rotisserie Chicken Flatbread is fast, easy, and prepared on a single sheet pan. With hummus, melted cheese, and fresh toppings, this delicious meal is a weeknight dinner star.
We’ve all been there. Wandering the grocery store late in the day in search of dinner inspiration. This is the precise moment when a rotisserie chicken flatbread can save the day. Grab a rotisserie chicken (or even better, grab the pre-shredded rotisserie chicken meat), some flatbreads like pita bread or naan, and a few other toppings and a delicious dinner can be ready in 30 minutes.
Easy flatbreads are worthy of a spot in anyone’s regular dinner rotation. Easily customizable, and because they are basically pizza, they are the definition of family-friendly. This recipe has a Mediterranean twist, but I also make a vegetarian Tex Mex version and one with pesto and asparagus that’s perfect for spring!
For something that is so easy to throw together, these chicken flatbreads are incredibly delicious. Here’s how to make them!
What Is Flatbread?
Flatbread is a very general term that can refer to any type of bread with toppings. It usually resembles a pizza but without the tomato sauce or with a non-tomato sauce. You can make flatbread using pizza dough (pre-baked works well), pita bread, naan, lavash, or tortillas.
How to Make Rotisserie Chicken Flatbread
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Toss shredded rotisserie chicken with spices (this will give it even more flavor).
- Top flatbread with hummus, chicken, and cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve!
- Flatbread – I keep small round pita and naan in my freezer for just this type of meal. These are usually small enough that you can make one per serving. Your bakery section may also carry larger types of flatbread or pre-baked pizza crust that would work well, but you may just need one or two.
- Rotisserie Chicken – To save even more time on this quick recipe, look for pre-shredded rotisserie chicken in the refrigerator section.
- Tzatziki – This cucumber-yogurt dip adds a fresh, creamy finish to the flatbread. Look for a store-bought version to save time or make it yourself with just a few ingredients. You can also make your own Tzatziki with just a few ingredients.
- Make it Dairy-Free – Skip the cheese and tzatziki topping. These are delicious even without those elements.
- Make it Vegetarian – Skip the chicken. The hummus gives these a good amount of protein and makes them feel hearty. Or, replace the chicken with crispy chickpeas.
More Rotisserie Chicken Recipes
- Chicken Parmesan Pasta Bake
- Creamy Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 20 Minute Thai Chicken Peanut Noodles
- Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Simple Chicken Noodle Soup with Miso
Rotisserie Chicken Flatbread with Hummus
- Mixing Bowl
- Half Sheet Pan
- 4 small round Flatbreads, like pita bread or naan (see note)
- ½ cup diced Cucumbers
- 1 cup chopped Tomatoes (or use cherry tomatoes, halved)
- 2 teaspoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, divided
- 3 cups shredded Rotisserie Chicken (or any pre-cooked shredded chicken)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 1 8 ounce container Hummus
- 6 ounces Shredded Mozzarella or Mild Cheddar Cheese
- ¾ cup Tzatziki (see note)
- Chopped Fresh Dill, Parsley, or Basil, for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- While the broiler is heating up, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, vinegar, and 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Season with some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Toss chicken with 1 Tablespoon olive oil, dried oregano, and paprika.
- Set flatbreads out in a single layer on a sheet pan. Spread each flatbread with hummus. Sprinkle flatbread with cheese and top with chicken. (Note: I like to put some of the cheese on before the chicken and some after so that you get layers of melted cheese and the chicken gets golden and crisp as it bakes.)
- Bake until the edges are golden brown and the cheese is melted, 8 to 12 minutes.
- Slice flatbreads and serve with cucumber-tomato salad and tzatziki on top or on the side.
- Finish with chopped fresh dill, parsley, or basil.
The post Rotisserie Chicken Flatbread with Hummus appeared first on Inquiring Chef.
Leave a comment