Shaved Asparagus Salad with Pesto [Vegan]
For the Pesto:
- 1 cup basil loosely packed
- 1 cup parsley loosely packed
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 small lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- pinch salt, more to taste
For the Asparagus Salad:
- 1 bunch asparagus thick stalks
- 4 radishes sliced thin
Make the Pesto:
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Add more water a tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Season with more salt and lemon juice as desired.
For the Shaved Asparagus Salad:
- Start by laying one stalk of asparagus on a cutting board. Holding the tip, use a vegetable peeler to shave down the stalk.
- When the first side becomes awkward to shave, turn the stalk over and repeat until you cannot shave anymore.
- Chop off the tip and roughly chop the remaining stalk. Add tip, shavings and remaining stalk to a large bowl. Repeat with remaining asparagus.
- Toss the shaved asparagus with 1/4 cup pesto. Taste and add more pesto as desired. Add sliced radishes to the top and serve right away!