With just five ingredients and a little time, Sweet and Sour Cabbage is simple to make but completely addictive!
- 4 slices center cut bacon, chopped
- 4 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- Brown the bacon in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add the cabbage and saute 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine the sugar with the vinegar and water and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the cabbage and simmer 35 to 40 minutes or until the liquid is thickened and reduced to about a 1/4 cup or less.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 199Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 11mgSodium 237mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 4gSugar 30gProtein 6g
Fresh Spring Sides Dishes
- Blueberry Ginger Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Creamed Beet and Dill Salad by Art of Natural Living
- Creamy Parmesan Asparagus Soup by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Grilled Asparagus with Fresh Gremolata by That Recipe
- Honey Roasted Carrot Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemony Asparagus Pasta Salad by Making Miracles
- Orzo Pasta Salad by Blogghetti
- Roasted Balsamic Asparagus and Mushrooms by Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks
- Roasted Carrots and Potatoes by Eat Move Make
- Saffron Risotto with Asparagus by Sweet Beginnings
- Sweet and Sour Cabbage by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures