- Crispy Green Beans (tempura green beans, horseradish dipping sauce)
- Iovino Appetizer (tempura mozzarella, Italian sweet sausage, marinated tomatoes, basil, organic mixed greens)
- Monster Grilled Cheese (gouda and cheddar cheeses, bacon, egg, pulled pork, tomato, caramelized onions, spinach)
- Ricotta Cheesecake
I forgot to take a photo of his fish tacos.
- Pork Belly (buckwheat blini, maple, chili, bourbon-black pepper glaze, sunny side egg)
- Short Rib Hash (poached egg, Madeira jus, pomegranate reduction, herb & horseradish crumb)
- Prosciutto Cotto, Carmelized Onion, & Cheddar Omelet (fingerling potatoes, bacon or sausage)
- Sea Scallop Salad (spring greens, gala apple, fennel, crispy wild rice, feta, ice wine vinaigrette)
I think he had a good birthday. We don't usually get each other gifts but since this was a BIG one, I got him a few gifts. I didn't make him a cake this year because we were eating Chex Mix for dessert plus we have lots of Girl Scout cookies we bought from the neighbor. More dessert didn't seem like a good idea.
What We're Eating:
- Grilled Lamb and Grilled Asparagus
- Ham, Pierogie, Broccoli
- Dessert: Chex Mix, Girl Scout Cookies
What We're Watching:
- We finished His Dark Materials (HBO). I mostly liked it. The polar bears were the best part.
- Movie: Jojo Rabbit. We loved this movie! It has my vote for second best movie of the year, after Parasite. I laughed & cried.
- Movie:A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. I cried less than I thought I would! Really good movie about the friendship that developed between writer Tom Junod (named Lloyd in the movie) and Fred Rogers.
- Seal Team is back!
What I'm Reading:
- To Kingdom Come (Barker & Llewelyn Series #2) from Will Thomas. A good read. It's set in May of 1884, and Scotland Yard has just been blown up, the latest attack in the Irish Republican Brotherhood's dynamiting campaign to force Home Rule, so it's an historical crime novel. After I finished the book, I went down the internet wormhole reading about the Fenian dynamite campaign & bombings/attempted bombings in London from 1881-1885.
- The Limehouse Text (Barker & Llewelyn Series #3) from Will Thomas. I just started it, so I'm not very far in yet.